Bike Check | R-Dog's Banquet Session
What makes R-Dog's custom painted Trek Session uniquely his own?
R-DOG: "Well, we’ll start off with the wheel size, because that seems to be a big topic these days in our sport: I’m still on the 26-inch, and people are blown away that I have a new bike and it’s a 26-inch bike.
I’m a heavy dirt-jump background, so my suspension is stiff. I get on a racer’s bike and I’m like, “This is so plush.”
The more I ride dirt bikes, the higher my levers come up. I used to [position them] like straight down — just blowing hands off — but now my levers are almost flat.
And obviously, for Crankworx Whistler, lots of Coors Banquets are going to be going around, so I just thought it would be appropriate to have a Banquet-style bike."
R-Dog's build consists of:
- SRAM X01 DH with a 36t X-Sync chainring.
- SRAM Code RSC Brakes with 200mm Centerline rotors.
- RockShox BoXXer World Cup.
- RockShox Super Deluxe Coil RC World Cup.
- TRUVATIV Descendant Aluminum 35mm DH Handlebar.
- TRUVATIV Descendant 35mm DM Stem.
- TRUVATIV Noir T40 Seatpost.